Kirby Chemist – Teddington
Archived on 15 June 2020 – this content has expired.
53 High Street,
2019-2020 Pre-reg Intake
Pre-Registration Pharmacist 2019-/20
We are looking for a Pre-Registration Pharmacist for 2019-2020.
We are an established pharmacy who have been serving the local community for over 40 years. We offer a range of services including seasonal influenza vaccinations, a smoking cessation programme and a travel clinic.
Our pre-registration training programme will provide you with hands-on experience in a community pharmacy, creating the perfect foundation for you to develop your career as a pharmacist. Our expert tutors will provide you with the training and support you need to develop your skills and build both your clinical and management knowledge.
- To use knowledge gained from the MPharm degree and apply this to pharmacy practice within the framework of legal rules, guidelines and SOPs
- To contribute to the provision and development of an efficient pharmaceutical service. Duties and responsibilities will increase through the year in line with demonstrated competence, aiming to work at the level of a post registration pharmacist before registration
- To gain appropriate training and experience in the provision of community pharmacy pharmaceutical services to become a fully qualified independent working Pharmacist
- To demonstrate competence in the Performance Standards identified by the General Pharmaceutical Council. To prepare for and undertake the GPhC registration examination
- To provide a caring, friendly and professional service to our customers
- To establish customer loyalty
- To follow pharmacy Health & Safety procedures
- To maintain high standards of personal appearance and adhere to pharmacy dress code
- Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- To assist in the operations and dispensing of prescriptions and the supply of pharmaceutical products including controlled drugs and appliances ensuring safety and clinical appropriateness
- Responds to symptoms and recommends appropriate OTC medication, counsel and advise patients appropriately under supervision
- To be responsible for self-directed learning to support the collection of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence and participate in appraisals with the pre-registration tutor as per company guidance and GPhC programme compliance
- To plan own workload and study time to develop organisational skills and support the provision of a timely pharmaceutical service
- To participate in Audit as instructed by the pre-registration tutor to comply with the requirements of the GPhC training programme
- To communicate and liaise effectively with other members of the healthcare professions and build relationships with external organisations such as GP surgeries and area teams
Qualifications required: Pharmacy (MPharm) degree from a registered UK university.
2019/20 Pre-registration Pharmacist required required. Application closing date 15/06/2020.