Landys Express Chemist – Temple Fortune
Archived on 22 January 2019 – this content has expired.
768 Finchley Road
We are looking for a pharmacy technician to work Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm each day with a half to one hour break Monday to Thursday and a working lunch on Friday.
The pharmacy technician will work under the direct supervision of the pharmacist and will carry out day to day activities connected with the preparation and supply of medicines and will provide advice to patients on the use of medicines as well as on general health and lifestyle matters.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited:
• To select, label and dispense correct items in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure safe supply to patients;
• To dispense controlled drugs in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure legal compliance;
• To ensure at the point of sale, the safe and correct supply of dispensed items to patients;
• To identify problems in administration of medicines such as medicine interactions and other physical factors that may affect patient compliance;
• To create and update patient medication records in accordance with data protection principles to ensure patient confidentiality;
• To assist with stock control and inventory procedures to maximise availability and minimise waste;
• To ensure the safe and appropriate storage of medicines;
• To assist with the preparation of monitored dosage and cassette box systems to benefit patients on multiple medication regimes;
• To maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of pharmacy issues for the purposes of continuing professional development;
• To support pharmacy colleagues and mentor others through the timely completion of training courses;
• To work as part of a team and actively demonstrate a willingness to support and achieve the overall business objectives.
• To undertake any other duties as required by the business
28 days paid holidays (including bank holidays)
work place pension (optional)
20% staff discount
Technician required. Application closing date 22/01/2019.