Lodge Pharmacy – Birmingham
Archived on 17 September 2021 – this content has expired.
At The Dove Primary Care Centre,
60 Dovedale Road,
We are looking for a full time, permanent qualified and experienced pharmacy dispenser to join our Independent Community Pharmacy Team. The individual must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, highly organised and be passionate about helping people.
**MUST BE QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED **
- To work alongside pharmacy technicians and under the supervision of the responsible pharmacist to ensure the safe, accurate and timely supply of prescribed medication to patients
- To provide medicines-related and healthy lifestyle advice to patients as well as assisting in the smooth operation of the pharmacy
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
Key Responsibilities: –
- Helping customers both across the medicine counter and in the dispensary
- To assist with stock control and the maintenance of reasonable stock levels within the pharmacy
- answering phone calls and resolving queries from customers
- to answer queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where it is within your competence
- follow SOPs
- to select, label and dispense pharmaceutical products in accordance with a prescription by following SOPs and complying with all legal requirements in a timely manner
- to ensure the safe and correct transfer of dispensed items to patients
- to follow instruction carefully at all times
- to identify any medicines related problems or queries and bring these to the attention of the pharmacist
- to ensure the safe and appropriate storage of medicines
- to liaise with other healthcare professionals to assist in the continuity of patient care across primary and secondary care
- to assist with service provision to care homes including the accurate preparation of Monitored Dosage Systems in a timely manner
- to respond to symptoms described by customers following agreed protocols and using own knowledge and judgement
- to select and recommend suitable products and provide advice on their correct use
- to provide advice on leading a healthy lifestyle
- to refer to the pharmacist when appropriate
- to assist in the engagement of patients onto advanced services such as NMS
- to attend all training opportunities to keep up to date
- to maintain the cleanliness of the pharmacy
- to maintain the pharmacy to a high standard
All staff are expected to wear PPE including masks whilst at work in order to minimize the likelihood of spreading COVID-19
Salary: £8.91-£9.30 per hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday including Saturdays
Hours: Full-time. Minimum 40 hours.
Full job description can be viewed here.
- Employee Discount
- NHS discounts at various UK stores
Pharmacy Dispenser required. Application closing date 17/09/2021.