Millennium Pharmacy – London
Archived on 30 April 2020 – this content has expired.
68-70 Brixton Road,
2020 - 2021 Pre-reg intake
Pre-Registration Pharmacist 2020/21
Millennium/Peace Pharmacy are independent community pharmacies located in South London with training site opportunities for Pre-Registration Pharmacists to meet the requirements of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) in order to register as a pharmacist.
The programme will enable the trainee(s) to gain appropriate training and experience in the provision of community pharmacy pharmaceutical services; and to become a fully qualified independent working Pharmacist after undertaking the GPhC registration examinations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop good management practice through compliance with company systems and procedures, effective use of resources, following Pharmacy Manager/tutor’s instruction and guidance
- To assist in the operations and dispensing of prescriptions and the supply of pharmaceutical products ensuring safety and clinical appropriateness
- To counsel and advise patients appropriately under supervision
- Develop good management, leadership and communication skills to prepare for future role as a qualified pharmacist
- To participate in the training programme as required by the GPhC and to prepare for the pre-registration examination
- To attend study days and complete pre and post study assignments organised by an external provider
- To develop knowledge and skills within each competency areas as mapped to GPhC performance standards
- To plan own workload and study time to develop organisational skills and support the provision of a timely pharmaceutical service
- To participate in Audit as instructed by the pre-registration manager/tutor to comply with the requirements of the GPhC training programme
- To communicate and liaise effectively with other members of the healthcare professions and build relationships with external organisations such as GP surgeries and PCT’s
- Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers and staff in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Maintain confidentiality of company policies and figure statistics
- Staff discounts
- Statutory holidays
To apply, send your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Spaces available: 2
2020/21 Pre-registration Pharmacist required. Application closing date 30/04/2020.