Twin Ventures International Ltd t/a Millennium and Peace Pharmacy in South West London (SW9) are currently looking to recruit a Dispensing Technician to join our Pharmacy.
Your overall responsibility will be to participate in the whole dispensing process by providing support to the Pharmacist/ Pharmacy Manager in the preparation and dispensing of patients’ medication.
You will be required to assist in the delivery of all commercial pharmacy services where appropriate, including blood pressure measuring and weight management.
Your role will involve establishing and developing long term relationships with customers and healthcare professionals and you will also be required to complete and maintain administrative records.
You will effectively manage pharmaceutical stock and equipment, and you may be required to deliver healthcare advice and signpost where necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Checking received prescriptions for legality and accuracy
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling and checking of medications prior to dispensing
- Preparing and dispensing drugs and medicines under the supervision of pharmacist
- Answering customers questions face to face or by telephone
- Answering telephone queries from other healthcare professionals from the surgery of hospital regarding patients’ medication or prescriptions
- Selling over-the-counter medicines
- Advising patients or customers on the use of drugs prescribed or medication purchased over the counter
- Referring problems or queries to the pharmacist
- Maintaining records of prescriptions received and drugs issued as well as dispensing and claiming dispensed items promptly
- Checks stock levels, orders new stock from pharmaceutical companies and ensures that drugs are stored appropriately
- Using computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
Qualifications and Skills:
Essential qualifications and required include:
- Pharmacy degree or relevant qualifications as a Dispensing Technician
- Effective customer service skills
- Good Team player and communication skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
- Commitment to self-development
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,200.00 per year
- Day shift – Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability