Monkbar Pharmacy is a 100 hour independent pharmacy in the heart of the historic city of York.
Monkbar Pharmacy is owned and run by two local pharmacists, Paul and Neil. They are very experienced in community pharmacy having worked for several large multiples between them before setting up Monkbar Pharmacy in 2012. They, and the manager Vikki, are the pre-registration tutors and the successful candidates will work alongside them, gaining from their wealth of clinical, practical and business expertise. We have another full time pharmacist, Emily, who qualified in 2018 after completing her pre-registration training with us and is proving to be a fantastic contributor to our team. Our use of locums is minimal and well below average so the training that you will receive is consistent.
The successful candidates will be enrolled onto an external pre-registration training program to provide further clinical training alongside support and readiness for the registration exam at the end of the year. Half a day of study time per week is also allocated.
Monkbar Pharmacy offers a wide range of additional services including a very busy travel health service, weight management service, smoking cessation service, erectile dysfunction service, flu and other vaccinations and also provides services to several care homes. The opportunity for extended training is vast. We are a registered Healthy Living Pharmacy.
Candidates will have completed their Masters degree in Pharmacy and be looking to complete their pre-registration year.
Applications from candidates requiring a Tier 2 visa to work in the UK are welcome.
York was voted the best place in the UK to live in The Times last year and has again featured this year. It is a stunning city, rich in culture and vibrancy and a great place to pick up or practice many hobbies. It is an simple trip to the stunning North Yorkshire coast line and within easy reach to the York Moors. It also has great public transport links to most places within the UK.
Advantages of completing your pre-registration training within our independent pharmacy include:
– you can be assured that our tutors will remain consistent
– there is scope to learn about running a community pharmacy business
– we are at the heart of the local community but our city centre location also provides a huge variety of customer types
– we have great links with two local hospital trusts and with local GP practices and so there is scope for external placements to be included within the training year
– as a small independent pharmacy, there is scope for you to have input into the training that you receive without going through many layers of management
– we have a fantastic and stable team of loyal and friendly staff