|PHARMACY ASSISTANT Required.
MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE – vacancy is to include 1 hour of delivering mediation each day.
Hours of work-
9am – 2pm
1pm – 6pm
HAS TO BE QUALIFIED TO NVQ 2 STANDARD
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
• To be working towards or have completed an accredited NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) Dispensing Assistant training course under the guidance of the pharmacist.
• To select and label pharmaceutical products in accordance with a prescription by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and complying with all legal requirements.
• To ensure the safe and correct transfer of dispensed items to patients.
• To accurately maintain Patient Medication Records (PMR) to ensure patient safety and in accordance with data protection requirements.
• To identify medicine related problems or queries and bring these to the attention of the pharmacist.
• To answer queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where it is within your competence.
• To receive stock in accordance with SOPs.
• To ensure the safe and appropriate storage of medicines.
• To assist with stock control and the maintenance of reasonable stock levels within the retail environment.
• To liaise with other healthcare professionals to assist in the continuity of patient care across primary and secondary care.
• To assist with service provision to care homes including the preparation of Monitored Dosage Systems.
• To respond to symptoms described by customers by following agreed protocols and using own knowledge and judgement.
• To select and recommend suitable products and provide advice on their correct use.
• To provide advice on leading a healthy lifestyle.
• To refer to the pharmacist when appropriate.
• To assist with the engagement of patients onto advanced services such as MURs and NMS.
• To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of medicines and minor ailments by reading journals, product information and training resources.
• To assist in providing pharmaceutical care to patients by carrying out reasonable duties as determined by the pharmacist.PERSONAL SPECIFICATION
• Good attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Excellent team working skills.
• High level of IT literacy.
• A warm and friendly but professional attitude towards customers.
• An ability to respond to medical queries in a sensitive and professional manner.
• Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable).
• Experience of handling money and maintaining finance records