We are looking for an intelligent, self-motivated individual (preferably) with dispensing experience to join our friendly team of qualified professionals to provide an excellent service to our patients. The successful applicant will be someone with great customer service skills, who is able to grow the business further and support the Pharmacist with a number of medication dispensing functions, housekeeping, checking deliveries, recruiting patients onto the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS), as well as promoting other healthy living services such as smoking cessation, flu vaccines and minor ailments schemes. Weekend working may be required.
Whilst on the job training and development will be provided, candidates are expected to keep up to date with the latest developments in the sector and undertake Continued Professional Development.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1) Serving our patients sensitively at the counter in a polite and efficient manner.
2) Always Maintaining Confidentiality and acting in accordance with pharmacy standard operating procedures.
3) Assist customers in documenting prescription charge/exemptions and advise when medicines can be bought more cheaply over the counter.
4) Accurate cash handling
5) Handing out medication to patients, and referring to Pharmacist where necessary.
6) Be able to recommend suitable products for common ailments. Recognising when to refer to the Pharmacist.
7) Provide advice on leading a healthy lifestyle.
8) General housekeeping and expiry date checking to maintain cleanliness of the shop floor and dispensary.
9) Check and put away daily orders.
10) General administrative duties.
11) Awareness of health and safety and adherence to Pharmacy Security Policies.
12) Flexibility is essential – we don’t go let our patients down, so sometimes we have to “go the extra mile”.
Reliability, timekeeping and acting in a professional manner are absolutely essential.
As we expect to receive a large number of applicants, we will only contact those shortlisted.
Salary is negotiable within the band stated, depending on experience, and qualifications. This can be discussed at interview.