New Park Pharmacy – Streatham Hill
Archived on 31 January 2019 – this content has expired.
85 Newpark Road
2019-2020 Pre-reg Intake
Pre-Registration Pharmacist 2019-20
An exciting Pre-Registration Position available for the Year 2019-20 at New Park Pharmacy. We aim to equip all our Pre-Registration pharmacist, with the skill set required to be able to ‘Stand out from a crowd’ for future employers.
Furthermore, we provide external support plus training from approved external training provider company who will ensure candidate is ready for the year and exam. If you would like to join our enthusiastic team for your Pre-Registration Year.
• To assist in the operations and dispensing of prescriptions and the supply of pharmaceutical products including controlled drugs and appliances ensuring safety and clinical appropriateness.
• Responds to symptoms and recommends appropriate OTC medication.
• Counsel and advise patients appropriately under supervision.
• Works within legal, ethical and governance framework keeping abreast of current changes.
• Develop good management, leadership and communication skills to prepare for future role as a qualified pharmacist.
• To participate in the training programme as required by the General Pharmaceutical Council and prepare for the pre-registration examination.
• To be responsible for self directed learning to support the collection of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence and participate in appraisals with the Pre-registration tutor as per company guidance and GPhC programme compliance.
• To develop knowledge and skills within each competency areas as mapped to GPhC performance standards.
• Maintain confidentiality of company policies and figure statistics. Ensure all prescriptions are fully and accurately endorsed.
• Complete all NHS/Area teams paperwork requirements accurately on time Attend and/or complete all courses/ meetings as required by the company, e.g. annual conference or area meetings.
• This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties as directed by the Manager.
4 Weeks Holiday plus bank holiday.
PCT Training / Other Evening meetings.
Accredited Pre-Registration Training Course.
2019/20 Pre-registration Pharmacist required. Application closing date 31/01/2019.