Niva Pharmacy Limited – Leicester
Archived on 30 June 2018 – this content has expired.
2 Uppingham Road
2018-2019 Pre-reg intake
A one year fixed term contract to meet the requirements of the General Pharmaceutical Council in order to register as a pharmacist.
The programme enables the trainee to gain appropriate training and experience in the provision of community pharmacy pharmaceutical services to become a fully qualified independent working Pharmacist.
To demonstrate competence in the Performance Standards identified by the General Pharmaceutical Council. To prepare for and undertake the GPhC registration examination.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist in the operations and dispensing of prescriptions and the supply of pharmaceutical products including controlled drugs and appliances ensuring safety and clinical appropriateness.
• Responds to symptoms and recommends appropriate OTC medication.
• Counsel and advise patients appropriately under supervision.
• Works within legal, ethical and governance framework keeping up to date with current changes.
• Develop good management, leadership and communication skills to prepare for future role as a qualified pharmacist.
• To participate in the training programme as required by the General Pharmaceutical Council and prepare for the pre-registration examination.
• To be responsible for self-directed learning to support the collection of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence and participate in appraisals with the pre-registration tutor as per company guidance and GphC programme compliance.
• To attend study days and complete pre and post study assignments organised by Brook Hill Pharmacy
• To develop knowledge and skills within each competency areas as mapped by GPHC performance standards.
• To plan own workload and study time to develop organizational skills and support the provision of a timely pharmaceutical service.
• To participate in Audit as instructed by the pre-registration manager/tutor to comply with the requirements of the GPHC training programme
• To communicate and liaise effectively with other members of the healthcare professions and build relationships with external organizations such as GP surgeries and CCG’S.
• Ensure that the branch is open for trading and dispensing of prescriptions during the registered opening hours.
• Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers and staff in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
• Maintain confidentiality of company policies and statistics.
• Ensure all prescriptions are fully and accurately endorsed.
• Complete all NHS/ CCG paperwork requirements accurately on time.
• Attend and/or complete all courses/ meetings as required by the company, e.g. annual conference or area meetings.
• Deal with customer complaints promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy.
• Ensure that a senior member of staff is briefed to continue the smooth running of the branch in the manager’s absence.
Company Pension scheme
28 days holiday
8 days off for study days and time off for revision
Training fees paid by company
Pre-registration Pharmacist required. Application closing date 30/06/2018.