Archived on 26 July 2019 – this content has expired.
Chilton Industrial Estate
Position: Pharmacist x2
Location/Department: Stockton Area
Reports To: Pharmacy Manager and Regional Manager
Hours: Evenings and Sunday’s
A Pharmacist works to drive the business forward and with enthusiasm aims to meet the targets, aims and goals set by the Company both professionally and commercially and to provide the customer with outstanding customer service. Actively developing and promoting enhanced and other clinical services available within the location of the pharmacy, developing the professional side of the business. Abides by the code of ethics as set by the General Pharmaceutical Council, ensuring patients are the first concern. They are involved in maintaining and improving the health of the customer by providing advice on over-the-counter medicines, the dispensing of prescriptions and the provision of public health services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• working to the code of ethics as laid down by the GPhC
• ensure full compliance of company policies and procedures;
• ensure the pharmacy is open for trading and dispensing of prescriptions during registered hours of opening including any rota hours;
• to carry out the role of responsible pharmacist as required by the GPhC
• clinically checking all prescriptions and ensuring that medicines are accurately dispensed and safely supplied to the patient
• ensuring that patients are offered an MUR service where applicable and that the maximum amount of MUR’s are achieved on an annual basis;
• Accreditation and subsequent delivery of all locally available services
• accurately maintaining a register of controlled drugs;
• overseeing the ordering and safe storage of medical products;
• maintaining electronic records;
• counselling and advising the public on the treatment of minor ailments;
• advising patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments;
• ensure that the company’s current Standard Operation Procedures are complied with, up to date and understood by all relevant staff.
• ensuring that near-misses and dispensing errors are managed and reviewed in line with Company Policy;
• ensure confidentiality is maintained according to the Information Governance policy;
• liaising with doctors regarding prescriptions;
• ensure prescriptions are fully and accurately endorsed and submitted to the pricing authority each month;
Locum Pharmacist required. Application closing date 26/07/2019.