Pharmaxo are looking to recruit an experienced Accuracy Checking Technician for our state of the art, fast-paced Corsham facility. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to a new and exciting pharmacy sector that bridges the gap between hospital and community pharmacy. No previous Homecare sector experience is required, as training will be provided.
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, award winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK. Homecare pharmacy bridges the gap between community and hospital pharmacy, you will work as part of an established team to supply medicines to patients being treated within their own homes. This is an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician (ACT) to join our friendly team and develop their skills and knowledge in a supportive environment.
Working in our new dispensary you will be responsible for accuracy checking products for homecare either for patients managed by Pharmaxo or one of our homecare partner organisations. You will also participate in patient support activities including scheduling deliveries of medicines and dealing with enquiries from patients and other healthcare professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Monitoring the dispensary daily workload and liaising with the lead pharmacist to ensure the workload is managed in the given time frame
- Accuracy checking prescriptions for patients receiving treatment in their own home including chemotherapy
- Supporting the dispensing team to dispense and label accurately
- Day to day management and support of the assigned stores person to ensure they are competent to perform the tasks required
- Stock management tasks and analysis
- Contribution to the development and maintenance of the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Aids to ensure they are fit for purpose and accurate, useful documents
- Monitor and manage the wholesale inbox and to act upon any orders
- Accurately and promptly pick and dispatch orders in line with wholesale legislation
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
Experience in hospital pharmacy would be beneficial but this is an excellent opportunity for community technicians to learn and develop new skills in a unique and expanding field. You should have an NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy Services and or equivalent and be a qualified accredited checking technician (ACT).
Full job description can be viewed here.