Prestwood Pharmacy – Buckinghamshire
Archived on 18 August 2017 – this content has expired.
145 High Street
Technician, Pharmacy Dispensers
Pharmacy Dispensing Technician
We are looking for a dependable Pharmacy Technician that will process and fill prescriptions. You will also undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the pharmacy runs smoothly.
As a pharmacy technician you must be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility. You must possess excellent communication skills as well as aptitude in using computers.
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity
- Supply medicines to patients, whether on prescription or over the counter
- Assemble medicines for prescriptions
- Provide information to patients and other healthcare professionals
- Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate
- Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g.record-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards
- Proven experience as pharmacy technician
- Experience with electronic prescription system
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Dispensing Technician Required. Application closing date 18/08/2017.