1. To undertake the role of the Responsible Pharmacist ensuring prescriptions are dispensed safely and efficiently, and provide professional intervention including clinical screening, dispensing and final checking of prescriptions where necessary.
2. To be responsible for delivering a high quality pharmacy service to Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust (TSDFT) outpatients’.
1. SDH Developments Ltd is a subsidiary company wholly owned by TSDFT.
2. SDH staff includes a Superintendent Pharmacist; additional Pharmacist; Accuracy Checker and Dispensing Assistants. Additional staff may be provided by the Foundation Trust. These staff will be provided through a Service Level Agreement with the Foundation Trust. Other staff will be directly employed by the subsidiary company.
3. The remit of the company is to provide outpatient dispensing services to TSDFT outpatients.
4. It is envisaged that approximately 90,000 items will be dispensed per annum with a value of circa £8m
PRIMARY DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. To manage and coordinate the running of the Outpatient Pharmacy, including a team of pharmacy technicians and checking technicians, when acting as the Responsible Pharmacist.
2. To develop effective working relationships with staff, patients, other healthcare professionals to ensure safe, effective and economic use of medicines.
3. To assist in staff training and act as a role model for trainees, diploma pharmacists and dispensary staff.
4. To ensure that medicines owned by SDH Developments Ltd, are stored securely under the appropriate conditions.
5. To ensure that the management of Controlled Drugs is compliant with current legislation and that any discrepancies are reported in a timely manner to the Foundation Trust’s Accountable Officer.
6. To represent the service to a high professional standard in conduct, manner and appearance.
7. To achieve objectives agreed at Personal Management and Development Review in order to contribute effectively to the provision of pharmacy services and their continual improvement. Effectively, efficiently and actively liaise with all relevant staff to ensure objectives in all key areas are achieved.
8. To maintain an up to date CPD record in relation to the requirements of the job
9. To ensure the Company complies with Health & Safety legislation.
10. To participate in personal development and training programmes as required.
11. To undertake any relevant duties that the Company may direct in the day to day running of the business.
12. To comply with the Company’s Environmental policies and dispose of waste according to the Pharmaceutical Waste regulations
13. To comply with the Company’s policies and procedures in relation to Data Protection and Confidentiality.
14. The post holder will work closely with the Superintendent Pharmacist to ensure that outpatients attending Torbay Hospital are provided with first class pharmaceutical care.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
1. Superintendent Pharmacist.
2. Clinical Director.
3. Medical and non-medical prescribers working within the TSDFT prescribing for outpatients.
4. All staff working within the Outpatients Dispensary.
5. SDH procurement team within the inpatient pharmacy.
6. The inpatient pharmacy team.
7. The Trust‘s nominated Accountable Officer for Controlled Drugs.
8. The Trust support departments operating under a Service Level Agreement, such as; Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.