We are looking for a pharmacist to join our team. The pharmacist must have excellent communication skills and be trained to administer travel vaccinations. We would also like the candidate to have recent experience of working in a busy dispensary and managing a large team.
• To lead, manage and develop the pharmacy team to maximise sales and profitability of your pharmacy, by sound business performance, and establishing long term relationships with customers.
• To support the achievement of Sharmans Pharmacy’s business goals and objectives.
Reports to: Rikin Patel
• Provide a safe and efficient Pharmaceutical Service within the accepted legal and professional requirements using relevant policies and procedures and the GPhC code of ethics.
• Ensure full personal and staff compliance with company SOPs, and review on an ongoing basis for the avoidance of risk.
• To manage the collection of prescriptions and home delivery service ensuring an efficient service that meets the needs of the store, surgeries and patients.
• Ensure that all enhanced services are proactively offered to patients and customers and opportunities for new services are highlighted to the management so that appropriate action can be taken. It is recognised that some services will be affected by religious or moral beliefs (See Medicines Ethics and Practice Guide).
• Project a positive image of the company as its representative, both to company staff and external organisations.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met, and that all necessary records are kept/maintained and staff are aware of their own personal responsibilities for Health and Safety.
• Promote and maintain good, long term customer relations.
• Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant Healthcare Professionals including GPs, practice and district nurses, care homes and action teams.
• Take full responsibility and accountability for KPI and budget performance.
• To actively provide locally commissioned services and to claim for this activity in the appropriate way.
• Ensure maximum reimbursement through accurate dispensing, purchasing and endorsing procedures, including any specific instruction from owner.
• Secure existing business through the use of the Prescription Collection Service to a minimum level as agreed with line owner
• Identify new opportunities to grow the business and seek line the owners approval before proceeding.
• Monitor and control operating expenses in order to maximize the profitability of the store.
• Ensure that the range and level of stock is maintained to a level that meets the needs of the business.
• Maintain high retail and dispensary housekeeping standards.
• Ensure high standards of security practice within the pharmacy premises.
• Attend meetings or training events called by the owner whether within or outside normal business hours.
• Monitor local competitor activity and respond accordingly.
• Prepare and maintain a business plan for the store in collaboration with the owner
• Structure and staff the store in accordance with the agreed personnel budget/staffing guidelines.
• Manage staff, maintaining effective employee relations according to company policies and employment laws and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed.
• Facilitate the training & development of all staff, including implementing the appraisal process.
• Undertake any additional duties associated with the conduct of the business when requested by the line manager/owner (delete as appropriate).
• Qualified to degree level in pharmaceutical science.
• Registered with GPhC and compliant with standards for pharmacy practice.
• Maintain a CPD record which reflects personal training needs and encompasses relevant current developments in keeping with the requirements of the profession.
• Good attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Excellent team working skills.
• High level of IT literacy and numeracy.