An excellent opportunity has arisen to work as part of our dedicated and hardworking pharmacy team on a part-time basis.
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody looking to work around your child’s school hours or just looking to get back to work on a part-time basis.
We are looking for a Pharmacy Dispenser who can bring a friendly, caring and professional service to our customers. This is a responsible position that requires concentration and a good eye for detail as accuracy is important.
You must be able to work and communicate as part of a team in a busy fast paced environment be able to prioritise a varied workload and effectively multi-task. Someone with pharmacy and dispensing experience would be ideal and as the pharmacy dispenses a number of Dossett trays to community patients, experience dispensing these trays would be an advantage.
This could be an amazing opportunity for the right person looking to work in a busy, energetic Pharmacy, who is self-motivated and progress further.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing Prescriptions (Labelling, dispense and endorse prescriptions in accordance with pharmacy SOP to ensure safe supply to patients in an efficient and accurate manner for delivery
- Ensure the safe supply and appropriate storage of medicines
- Ordering of medication and stock management in line with company procedures to meet customer demand and date/usage checking to maximise availability and minimise waste
- Good communication, ability to respond to medical queries in a sensitive and professional manner. Developing relationships with patients and healthcare organisations to ensure that we deliver the most effective and patient friendly customer service
- Liaising with Patients and GP surgeries via phone and in person
- Using the PMR system making sure patients records are kept up to date, accurately stored in accordance with data protection principles to ensure patient confidentiality
- Assist where necessary with the preparation of monitored dosage systems to benefit patients on multiple medication regimes
- Undertake all necessary housekeeping duties so that dispensary is kept clean and tidy
- Work as part of a team and actively demonstrate a willingness to support and achieve the overall business objectives
This is a part time role which offers some flexibility in the hours worked but we will be requiring a minimum of 20 hours per week – Monday – Fridays. (negotiable)
Key skills essential to the role are:
- Good attention to detail and high levels of concentration
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clear communicator with patients, GP’s and other healthcare professional (By Phone and Customer Facing)
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work at pace
- Process driven
- High energy and passionate about Pharmacy
After 2 months (probationary period)
The pharmacy opens Monday to Friday 9am-6pm.
You need a NVQ2 in Pharmacy Services or accredited equivalent course and knowledge of Proscript Connect will be preferred.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Expected hours: 20 hours per week
- Proscript: 1 year (preferred but not essential)
- Pharmacy: 1 year (required)