Washwood Heath Pharmacy – Birmingham
Archived on 31 March 2021 – this content has expired.
881 Washwood Heath Road,
Pharmacy Dispensers, Dispensing Assistant, Medicine Counter Assistant, OTC Assistant
We are an independent pharmacy based in a close-knit community; our ethos is the provision of an exceptional high-quality professional service to all. We pride ourselves on being approachable and friendly.
The right candidate will have a proven track record and be prepared to keep themselves abreast with all necessary training as required by professional bodies.
We are looking to recruit a Dispensing/Counter assistant qualified at minimum to NVQ2 level in pharmacy services with medicines counter assistant qualification for our friendly team in Washwood Heath Birmingham.
This position is a minimum of 30 hours per week, two-part timers may be considered.
The job role involves all duties expected in the running of a busy pharmacy alongside other members of staff and Pharmacists. The duties will be inclusive of but not limited to the following:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions under supervision of a responsible pharmacist
- Dispensing prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Using computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable stock levels
- Ordering stock
- Receiving incoming stock
- Cleaning and date checking
- Selling over the counter medicines with advice
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines
- Responding to telephone and face to face inquiries
- Referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists
- Cashing up
- Invoicing and reconciling statements
It is essential for you to have experience in a customer focused environment, understanding confidentiality and the need for accuracy. You must be self-motivating and possess good interpersonal skills.
Dispensing/Counter Assistant required. Application closing date 31/03/2021.