Following the latest operational guidance from the DHSC, from 11 November 2021, anyone working or volunteering in a care home will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt.
This presents a whole host of questions for care home providers, namely which categories of people are exempt, what roles can these individuals continue to undertake, and how to fairly dismiss employees who aren’t exempt but refuse vaccination.
Presented by Ellis Whittam’s care sector experts, Employment Law Adviser and solicitor Toyah Marshall and Principal Health & Safety Consultant Charles Spencer, alongside CQC Compliance Inspections Manager, Gabi Ashton, this comprehensive, collaborative session will arm you with the answers you need to approach the new regulations confidently.
Drawing on their combined legal, safety and compliance expertise, our hosts will cover common queries, such as:
- Which categories of employees are exempt from the regulations?
- Which types of care organisations do the regulations apply to?
- What is the correct dismissal process, and what risks should employers be alert to?
- How will updates to the Health and Social Care Act impact inspections?
- What additional documentation will be required from a health and safety perspective?