Archived on 11 October 2022 – this content has expired.
Managing Menopause in the Workplace | WorkNest Webinar
According to the NHS, 45% of women feel that menopausal symptoms have a negative impact on their work. What’s more, 47% who needed to take a day off said they wouldn’t tell their employer the real reason.
Clearly, the issue of menopause remains somewhat of a taboo topic. And given menopausal women are the fastest-growing demographic in the workforce, it’s a problem employers cannot afford to shy away from forever.
Hosted by WorkNest’s Employment Law & HR Training Manager, Lorna Gemmell, and Head of Team and Solicitor, Jane Hallas, this session will cover:
- What the menopause is, including common symptoms and how it might impact women (and trans and non-binary people) at work
- How to support employees going through the menopause
- Employers’ obligations and the legal risks to be aware of when managing menopausal employees
- The role that line managers and workplace culture can play in supporting staff
- Final questions and discussion