Issues concerning an employee’s work broadly fall into one of two camps: employees who ‘can’t cook’ and those who ‘won’t cook’. As an employer, differentiating between these two scenarios, and following the correct process, is critical to ensuring staff are treated fairly and averting potential claims. However, all too often people managers lack the knowledge and confidence to manage performance effectively, which over time can seriously hamper productivity and negatively impact your bottom line.
NPA members can join our upcoming webinar for free to learn how to manage performance issues with confidence, their legal options if performance doesn’t improve, and how to correctly deal with grievances raised during the process.
Feel confident and equipped to manage performance issues in 2022, WorkNest’s Principal Employment Law Adviser and Solicitor Emma Chandler will be hosting a 45-minute webinar covering:
- Why you should regularly review employee performance, especially during probationary periods
- The importance of addressing performance concerns early on
- Conducting a fair performance management procedure
- How to deal with grievances that are raised during the process
- When you can safely dismiss an employee due to underperformance
- How to mitigate the risk of claims
- Tips for performance managing remote workers