Community pharmacy diary
16 May 2019
Step-by-step guidance to completing end of month submissions - dates you need to remember
In a busy pharmacy environment it is easy to forget relevant deadlines and dates that pharmacy teams may need to be aware of. In addition, it is easy to forget the finer details of endorsing prescriptions. With that in mind I am pleased to highlight a new resource, the ‘pharmacy diary’ that will allow you to keep on top of important dates and support you with completing your end of month submission.
To access this resource please click here.
The community pharmacy diary will help you:
- Keep track of key deadlines and events
- Remember to carry out important day-to-day and monthly tasks, for example filling out the Responsible Pharmacist log and record fridge temperatures
- Add reminders for your own key dates
How to use the community pharmacy diary
- Each page represents one month of the year – from April 2019 to March 2020
- The two columns on the left shows the day and day of month
- The third column shows the key deadline or event
- The last column shows ongoing daily and monthly tasks
- For each day of the month there is space to add in your own key dates – for example locally commissioned service claim deadline
- The community pharmacy diary will continue to be updated as and when new dates are published
Three appendices have also been included within the diary to help ensure you receive correct payment from your end of month prescription submission:
- Appendix 1 – Checklist to ensure correct payment including top tips for submission
- Appendix 2 – Sorting your submission bundle
- Appendix 3 – Completing the FP34C
If you have any feedback or suggestions about the resource please let me know. I always value your feedback and appreciate the time you take to send me your thoughts.
For further information, advice and support, please contact the NPA Pharmacy Services team on 01727 891800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leyla Hannbeck MSc, FRPharmS, MBA, MA
NPA Director of Pharmacy
Medication Safety Officer