Top Ten Tips for Success
04 Apr 2019
|| Featured Article
Read a free article from the latest InPharmacy Spring 2019 magazine.
Ade Williams is Superintendent Pharmacist at the multi award-winning Bedminster Pharmacy, an independent healthy living pharmacy in Bristol.
He was named the UK Community Pharmacist and Manager of the Year by Chemist & Druggist in 2017. Here are his top 10 tips for success in these turbulent times.
- Position your community at the centre of your business and make yourself irreplaceable in their minds.
- Invest in your team. Accept that 10% of your collective uplift will always trump your 100% individual effort.
- Don’t wait for solutions to find you – actively seek them out and even devise your own.
- Listen to your harshest critics. They are offering you free, unsolicited feedback that sometimes carries great truths.
- Change may be constant, but flexibility and adaptability will position you to ride every wave confidently.
- Upskill yourself. Everything you know becomes redundant, so couple experience with a dedication to new knowledge and active personal development.
- Understand the small things. They may not matter much to you, but they can make all the difference for those in your team dealing with them regularly.
- Network extensively. Whatever challenges you face, you are not the first or alone. Unlock shared knowledge and be part of a bigger narrative.
- If you make providing the best care your business plan, you will find that increasing goodwill always follows.
- Always allow the most capable person to perform a role. Accept this may not always be you.