NEW for 2022/23
We are constantly looking for ways to enhance our foundation training programme and to support trainees in their development into confident and competent pharmacists. For the programme commencing in September 2022, we are pleased to announce the following additions which are included within the course fee. Our 2022 pricing remains unchanged, even though new elements have been added to the programme:
Leadership training webinar
This is a 2-hour webinar that students can complete in their own time and obtain certification. This will give them a multitude of skills required to lead a pharmacy team.
Clinical skills training
Students will receive both face-to-face and online clinical skills training, including core skills, ear and throat assessments, urinalysis and more.
With new contractual changes and the currently evolving pharmacy climate, this will help to equip them with the necessary skills needed for them to deliver clinical services.
The NPA’s Medicines counter assistant course
Trainees will be eligible to enrol onto the NPA’s Level 2 Medicines counter assistant eLearning course. This fully accredited course provides essential knowledge required to sell medicines over the counter and provide appropriate healthcare advice. Read more here.
Full Flu/COVID practical vaccination training
Your student will be able to undertake full practical training for Flu/COVID vaccination which includes a face-to-face session (3.5 hours) and online training. This will be arranged via our partners, ECG Training – details of what is covered in the sessions are available here. More information around this training for trainee pharmacists is covered in our Vaccination training for pharmacy technicians page.
Key features of the NPA’s programme – tried and tested
- The NPA has a long-standing reputation of developing and supporting community pharmacy teams
- Extra face-to-face study day, as we will be delivering four – as a result of student and member feedback. London will be delivered on Saturdays
- Ten study days – a combination of face-to-face, virtual and webinar, which accommodates and engages all learning styles. More details here
- Full online Part 1 and Part 2 mock exams with access to the rationale behind the answers, as well as support from the NPA’s L&D tutors. Read more on our Mock Exam page
- The NPA Learning Academy – our intuitive eLearning platform is available for trainees 24/7 and offers comprehensive, engaging online training – find out more about the platform here
- Dedicated student support by Learning and Development pharmacists who deliver training and Member Services who are on hand to assist with queries. Quarterly newsletters are issued between study days and webinars with helpful tips and reminders
- Online Designated supervisor training programme is suitable if you’re new to tutoring or just need a refresher. It is free to all members who enrol a student on the programme.
Our course page provides more information about the programme or you can download our 2022/23 brochure which includes testimonials from students. If you wish to enrol a trainee on the programme, this takes you to the enrolment form or you can go back to the dedicated page to access more details.