NEW for 2021/22
Even though the NPA’s pass rate for the 2019/2020 cohort exceeded that of the national pass rate (88%), we are constantly looking for ways to enhance our foundation training programme and to support trainees in their development into confident and competent pharmacists.
For the programme commencing in September 2021, we are pleased to announce the following additions which are included within the course fee:
Bespoke CPCS training workshop with the RPS and RCGP
This session is aimed at teaching students all the relevant skills required to perform clinical consultations including examinations, identifying red flags, promoting self-care and completing accurate clinical records.
The NPA’s Medicines counter assistant course
Trainees will be eligible to enrol onto the NPA’s Level 2 Medicines counter assistant eLearning course. This fully accredited course provides essential knowledge required to sell medicines over the counter and provide appropriate healthcare advice. Read more here.
Full Flu/COVID practical vaccination training
Your student will be able to undertake full practical training for Flu/COVID vaccination which includes a face-to-face session (3.5 hours) and online training. This will be arranged via our partners, ECG Training – details of what is covered in the sessions are available here. More information around this training for trainee pharmacists is covered in our Vaccination training for pharmacy technicians page.
Key features of the NPA’s programme – tried and tested
- The NPA has a long-standing reputation of developing and supporting community pharmacy teams. Our dedicated team of Learning and Development (L&D) pharmacists understand how important this year is to the trainee and passionately deliver the essential knowledge
- As a result of member feedback on the 2020/21 cohort, we will continue to deliver the London study days on Sundays and will be reintroducing three face-to-face study days at each location
- Our blended approach to learning includes ten study days – a mix of face-to-face, virtual and webinar accommodates all styles of studying and provides an engaging learning experience. More details here
- Included within the programme fee, our whole day mock exam incorporates full online Part 1 and Part 2 exams with access to the answers and the rationale behind the answers, as well as support from the NPA’s L&D tutors. Read more on our Mock Exam page
- The NPA Learning Academy – our intuitive eLearning platform is available for trainees 24/7 and offers comprehensive, engaging online training – find out more about the platform here
- Student support – your trainee pharmacist will be supported every step of the way by the NPA’s dedicated teams – Member Services and Learning & Development. Quarterly newsletters are also issued to the students in between study days and webinars with helpful tips and reminders
- Our online Designated supervisor training programme is suitable if you’re new to tutoring or just need a refresher. It is free to all members who enrol a student on the programme
- Our 2020 pricing remains unchanged, even though new elements (as above) have been added to the programme. Where we save a little on venue costs (due to slightly less face-to-face study days), extra resource is required to create the virtual study day content on the NPA Learning Academy. The delivery of the virtual study days by the L&D pharmacists takes the same amount of time as the face-to-face study days, so we believe that the NPA’s 2021-22 programme is priced competitively in the market place.
Our course page provides more information about the programme or you can download our 2021/22 brochure (to add link when ready) which includes testimonials from students. If you wish to enrol a trainee on the programme, this takes you to the enrolment form or you can go back to the dedicated page to access more details.