Funding cuts – are you prepared?
08 Nov 2016
The Department of Health’s community pharmacy funding ‘final package’ presents a significant challenge to community pharmacies across England.
To help members cope with the forthcoming changes, the NPA has launched a new webpage dedicated to the funding package called “The Pharmacy Imposition”. Designed as a ‘one-stop shop’ on the funding cuts, it contains everything you need to know about the implications for your pharmacy, and what you can do to improve your business, maximise income and thrive.
Included on the page are links to a suite of new NPA resources to help NPA members to understand the funding cuts and what to do about them. Our new resources will guide you through:
An overview of the funding cuts
- Where the cuts are being applied
- How the cuts will affect your income
Eligibility criteria for the Pharmacy Access Scheme and the review process
- How the payments work
- Who is not included
- How and where to apply (NHS England will be accepting applications between 1 November 2016 and 28 February 2017)
- It is important members fill out the application form accurately to ensure they have the best possible chance for the review application to be accepted
How to attain ‘quality points’ as part of the quality payments scheme
- Includes a comprehensive table with information on how to achieve the gateway and quality criteria
- Includes all the tools available to help members to start accumulating the points
Case studies – covers different pharmacy scenarios
- How the funding cuts can affect the income from providing NHS Essential Services
- How a pharmacy can boost its income
- Assigning roles to individuals and linking these roles to meet the gateway and quality criteria
- Setting clear objectives and expectations
Frequently asked questions received by the Pharmacy Services team
The NPA will continue to update these resources accordingly over the coming weeks and months.
We invite you to actively post your thoughts and questions below.