Ask Your Pharmacist Campaign
Promote ‘Discover Your Local Pharmacy’ in your pharmacy
Each year in early November, Ask Your Pharmacist (AYP) Week provides a platform for pharmacy public awareness activities across the UK. This year’s Discover Your Local Pharmacy theme allows you to showcase your full range of pharmacy services – surprising people with what’s on offer on their doorstep.
Don’t forget though, AYP doesn’t stop at the end of this awareness week – you can promote pharmacy services to your patients and community using this theme year round.
Here are free downloadable resources to help:
Social media assets
- Social media text and images, with an easy guide to show you how to copy & paste this to Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn are available here
- Tweet us @NPA1921 using hashtag #AskYourPharmacist and we’ll help to promote you
Download and print resources
- Discover Your Local Pharmacy window posters, which have space for you to write your own message, or alternatively, there are a few we have already put together
- Discover Your Local Pharmacy information sheets, to give to customers/patients
- PowerPoint and talk notes for presentations to community groups
- Discover Pharmacy colouring in book to hand out to young customers
Invite your local MP to your pharmacy
- Use this tool to find your local MP and use our template letter to email them an invite
- Promote the consumer-facing website discoverpharmacy.co.uk to your patients and local community
Contact your local press
- The NPA is also organising radio interviews during the week – contact Chris Fay (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get involved
The annual Ask Your Pharmacist campaign is a long-running initiative which raises awareness of the skills and services offered by community pharmacies – promoting the benefits of the locally based pharmacy service proposition (being accessible, caring, expert, responsive and community-based). It also serves as a prompt for conversations with customers and stakeholders at a local level about community pharmacy services.
If you have queries about any aspect of the campaign, please email email@example.com.