Ask Your Pharmacist Week (6-13 November)
Welcome to the online campaign hub for Discover Your Local Pharmacy, this year’s Ask Your Pharmacist Week initiative
Why ‘Discover Your Local Pharmacy’?
The Discover Your Local Pharmacy theme allows pharmacies to showcase the full range of pharmacy services – surprising people with what’s on offer on their doorstep.
The message is very much about the network of pharmacy premises, what happens inside them and the people who work there.
Pharmacy ‘Open Day’ materials for NPA members
As a core element of the campaign, the NPA is making available resources to help pharmacies hold Discover Your Local Pharmacy ‘open days’.
If you plan an ‘open day’ in your pharmacy to showcase your services, you can fill in this form to order materials free of charge.
What’s in the Open Day pack?
The materials in the open day pack are:
- Discover Your Local Pharmacy bunting and balloons – to use in your pharmacy or outside
- Discover Your Local Pharmacy window posters, which have space for you to write your own message
- Discover Your Local Pharmacy information sheets, to give to customers/patients
What’s an ‘Open Day’?
You can use your open day(s) in a variety of ways, for example:
- To launch a new service or promote an existing one
- Promote flu vaccinations
- Provide free blood pressure checks
- Invite local dignitaries and politicians to visit for a health check and to learn more about the valuable services on offer to the pharmacy
- Promote a new status, for example as a Healthy Living Pharmacy or a Dementia Friendly pharmacy
- Announce a refit/pharmacy robot
- Offer lifestyle advice in a particularly engaging way, for example a visual/interactive display of safe alcohol limits
When should we do our Open Day?
You can use the materials at any time, but it will have a bigger impact if you do it during Ask Your Pharmacist week (6-13 November) to coincide with media activity organised centrally by the NPA and the launch of a consumer-facing website at www.discoverpharmacy.co.uk.
Resources available for download
More resources have been made available to supplement the Open Day pack:
- As an alternative to handwriting a message on the poster, we have put together a few here for printing
- If you need additional copies of the fact sheet, they are available here for printing
Even more downloadable resources will be available from this page before AYP Week, including:
- Social media content (Cut & paste tweets)
- Template local newspaper columns
- PowerPoint and talk notes for presentations to community groups
The Ask Your Pharmacist campaign
Discover Your Local Pharmacy is the latest initiative of the long running Ask Your Pharmacist campaign, which raises awareness of the skills and services offered by community pharmacies – promoting the benefits of the locally based pharmacy service proposition – accessible, caring, expert, responsive and community-based.
Each year, AYP Week provides a platform for pharmacy public awareness activities across the UK. It also serves as a prompt for conversations with customers and stakeholders at a local level about community pharmacy services.
Don’t forget though – the NPA’s public awareness activities go on all year round, not just during AYP Week; see our Information & Guidance page for a range of these resources available for download.
If you have queries about the any aspect of the campaign, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.