Available to healthcare organisations with a registered pharmacy and Schools of Pharmacy.
Membership starts from £430 per organisation (excluding VAT).
The following services are provided as part of Affiliate Membership:
1. Representing You – The NPA provides leadership and a representative voice for independent community pharmacies across the UK, influencing policy, practice, legislative issues, the NHS and public opinion.
- Influencing policy
- Influencing regulations
- Informing the NHS
- Influencing public opinions
- Influencing the wider community pharmacy sector
Review the latest consultations that the NPA are actively working on and take the opportunity to have your say and help shape the future of pharmacy. Being an NPA member also gives you the opportunity to shape your profession by having your say via:
- Member events
- Member surveys
- Via your regional Board Member
2. Guiding You – With the wealth of experienced industry experts at the NPA, we are in a strong position to provide our members with Pharmacy practice guidance that is top in class, namely:
- Pharmacy services telephone advice line – expert telephone advice from experienced pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and industry experts who are on hand to provide you with personalised advice on any clinical, practice, legal or supply issue
- IRIS – unlimited access to the UK’s largest database of pharmacy information
- GPhC resources – an extensive suite of support and products to help you prepare for an inspection including tips to help you achieve the required standards
- NHS Services – to help you with SCR, EPS, Murs, NMS and DMR (Wales)
- Travel Health – latest information on malaria prophylaxis and vaccination requirements
- Patient safety – The NPA patient safety reporting form is quick and convenient to use. Before submitting, the form can be printed, or emailed, to be kept in-line with professional standards. Jasmine Shah (NPA’s Head of Advice & Support Services) is the new Medication Safety Officer for independent community pharmacies in England with fewer than 50 branches.
- SOPs – easy to use templates designed specifically for business pharmacists.
3. Protecting You – Take a look at our full membership package for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance provides cover.
A range of business and personal insurance policies are also available at competitive prices:
4. Training You and Your Staff – dedicated support teams available to answer questions, offer expert advice, share knowledge and experience and offer support throughout all training courses.
- THE NPA CPD Hub gives you access to up-to-date clinical articles, learning records and studies all in one place and records your learning in a personal, secure revalidation record with GPhC approved templates
More Training courses are available at an attractive member preferential rate:
5. Supporting You – The NPA recognises the financial pressures that are upon its members and provide an array of services that help Pharmacy owners manage their pharmacies more efficiently and profitably.
- Employment Law, Health & Safety advisory service – the NPA service, provided by Ellis Whittam entitles you to expert advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on (included in membership):
- Employment law (contracts, disciplinary & grievance procedures)
- HR issues – including absence, sickness, holidays and discrimination
- Health & Safety – including manual handling, slips, trips, & fall
- Access to Data products
- Check34 (England) – these services are not currently available through your NPA membership. A new data analysis service will be provided as part of your NPA membership in the near future. For further information, please call Member Services on 01727 800402.
- Marketing materials – to help promote your pharmacy services, including your online social presence
- NPA vouchers
More products and services are available at an attractive member preferential rate:
6. Informing You – The NPA is at the forefront of the latest industry news which it communicates to its members, adding valuable and practical support information that helps them with the next steps. Regular events, including the annual NPA Conference are also organised to bring together industry experts and members to discuss the latest topics.
- InPharmacy magazine – our quarterly member magazine
- Independent Community Pharmacy magazine – 8 page supplement
- News stories – covering a wide range of topics from the Pharmaceutical industry such FMD, Brexit, Pharmacy Integration fund, CPCF, CPCS
- NPA Events, Forums, and Workshops – provide a strategic focal point to meet, share and network with the NPA and other members and communications from NPA’s Board of Management (some offered at a preferential member rate)
- Health Industry campaigns – Be part of the annual Ask Your Pharmacist (AYP) week as well as many more industry events that bring Independent Community Pharmacies together
- Webinars – covering a wide range of topics by industry experts which give you an opportunity to put forward your questions
- Emails that cover subjects that matter to you such as the latest consultations, Learning & Development courses, Pharmacy Essentials offers and much more
- FAQs – concise information that